We're happy to announce...
Girls Scouts and Camp Young Judaea have chosen
Walnut Hollow Farm for their 2017 camps!
2017 Summer Youth Camp
Make next Summer one to remember! Your child will learn how to ride and care for horses while making some new friends too. They'll get a riding lesson each day, and will participate in horse-related clinics & demonstrations.
Holiday Gift cards are available!
• Arrive and check-in—get instructions for the day
• Introduction to barn management
• Clean stalls
• Leading horses in/out of paddocks
• Horse health check
• Lectures will cover the following:
• Horse anatomy
• Horse care
• Visits from equine veterinarian, blacksmith, equine dentist, and local equine professionals
• Equine illnesses – colic, thrush, lyme disease, cuts/wound care and much more!
• Introduction to show braiding of the horse’s mane and tail
• Riding lesson
• Introducing grooming and tacking of the horse
• Mounting and Dismounting
• Study of horse biomechanics as it affects the horse’s gaits
• The rider’s position and feel of the horse
• The aids for the walk, trot, halt, turn and reinback
• Introduction to cavalletti and jumping
• Care of Equipment
• Swimming & Fun at the lake!!!!
• Lifeguards on premises
• Parent pick-up at Walnut Hollow Farm
Camp run time is: 9am-3pm
Early drop-off/late pick-up is available upon arrangement
Participants must bring their own lunch, bathing suits and appropriate barn gear.